In most of our Houston field trips, we head out to parks, landmarks and museums… but in this post, we’re learning from home. Here are some ideas for virtual field trips in Houston!
Virtual Field Trips in Houston:
- Asia Society of Texas
- Take At-Home Adventures through Asia!
- Take virtual trips through Japan, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Korea and China.
- Build a foundation for global learning and foster cultural empathy by sparking learner curiosity, contextualizing information, and sharing different perspectives.
- Free materials are available (including notes for parents to guide each trip).
- Children’s Museum of Houston
- The Children’s Museum has been all virtual since September.
- There are so many resources and workshops available. Learn CAD, tour the museum, listen to stories, engage in projects and so much more.
- The museum also has virtual field trips, you can guide yourself through the Museum, stopping as you choose. Each tour option is themed either by age or by topic.
- Generation Serve Houston
- Volunteer as a family!
- Find the calendar of virtual events HERE.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Free and paid resources are available to take you on a Virtual Dinosaur Adventure, Wildlife Safari, World of Energy and Journey Through Ancient Egypt.
- The HMNS website points you to resources on YouTube (and also Prime, Netflix, etc). Paid add-ons are available as well.
- Houston Zoo
- Take a virtual tour of the zoo.
- There are programs to bring the animals to your classroom… including your home classroom.
- For the at-home programs, you connect through Zoom to learn about animal adaptations, habitats, and more! Meet an animal visitor up-close, compete in a family quiz, and become experts in saving wildlife.
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston
Find More Houston Field Trips: