Join Graeme’s Run on February 26, 2022, at No Label Brewery, for fighting congenital heart defects... America’s #1 birth defect.
From Houston mom, Stephanie
On December 18, 2012 our son, Graeme, was born. We had an emergency delivery after the doctor detected his heart rate in the 70s at my 34 week appointment.
He was diagnosed with Double Outlet Right Ventricle, Malposed Great Vessels, VSD, Coarctation of the Aorta, Straddling Mitral Valve, Aortic Valve Hypoplasia, and Complete Heart Block.
He was rushed to the Texas Medical Center where he underwent a coarctation repair, a pacemaker was placed, and a Pulmonary Artery band was placed. With 2 surgeries under his belt our little trooper was released from the hospital after 44 days.
After living a happy and for the most part normal life, we lost our sweet angel on May 3, 2015 at 2 ½ years old. We were devastated and still are in complete shock, as we are left to try to find our new normal and purpose.
We have decided to put our energy into raising awareness and funds for Congenital Heart Defect (CHD) research.
We knew nothing about heart defects before Graeme and were saddened to learn
• Congenital heart defects are America’s and every country’s #1 birth defect. Nearly one of every 100 babies are
born with a CHD
• Congenital heart defects are the leading cause of all infant deaths in the United States
• Each year approximately 40,000 babies are born in the United States with a congenital heart defect
• Thousands of them will not reach their first birthday, and thousands more will die before they are adults
• Each year over 1,000,000 babies are born worldwide with a congenital heart defect
Details about Graeme's Run
This will be the 7th year fighting congenital heart defects, with Graeme's Run.
Despite the challenges of the last year, the 6th annual run had 1,300 registrants pick up packets for their virtual run/walk and we raised over $132,000!
The 2022 Graeme's Run 5K and 1 mile walk will be on February 26, 2022 at No Label Brewery (Katy, TX).
The event is extra special this year because they are funding a foundation we have started in his name, The Graeme McDaniel Foundation.
The mission is to fund local congenital heart defect research and support heart families.
Thank you for reading our story and helping us honor our precious son,
The McDaniel Family (Robby, Stephanie, Mason, and Juliet)
To find out more visit: graememcdanielfoundation.org