Are you looking for the best Houston preschools?
To help you navigate through the school selection processes, below are reader recommended preschools in the Houston area!
This guide is intended to get you started in your search for a mother's day out, preschool or bridge program. Details on hours/programs may change, so get the latest information by clicking the links and looking at the school websites.
If you have more suggestions for the best Houston preschools, please contact me at Jill @ BigKidSmallCity.com!
JillBJarvis.com is not endorsing any of the schools and is not responsible for any problems. If you have a concern, please talk to the school directly.
To get JillBJarvis.com updates in your inbox, go HERE.
Listings below with "*" mean they were submitted by the school rather than a Houston parent. If you are a Houston parent and want to endorse the school, tell me!
- Beehive Cooperative Preschool (West University Place)
- Parent Co-op
- 2 years & 8 months (by September 1) through 5 years old
- AM Class & PM Class
- On a parent's work day, the parent and child arrive 15 minutes early and stay until all clean-up is completed.
- "Poe Co" Poe Cooperative Nursery School (Museum District, 5315 Main St, Houston, TX 77004)
- Parent Co-op
- 3 years old or 4 years old by September 1.
- Playbased program that teaches through play.
- Monday - Friday: 8:30am-12:00pm, 8:00am-3:05pm option available Monday through Thursday
- On your parent helper day, the parent must arrive by 8:15am and stay until 12:00pm.
- Montessori Country Day School (Museum District, 5117 La Branch St, Houston, TX 77004)
- Infant through 6 years old
- 7:00am-6:00pm, year-round
- Post Oak School (Bellaire, 4600 Bissonnet Street, Bellaire, TX 77401)
- 14 months through 12th grade
- Monday through Friday: 7:00am-6:00pm options
- St. Stephen's School (Montrose, 1800 Sul Ross, Houston, Texas, 77098)
- 18 months through 8th grade
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am-2:45pm, with before and after school options.
- Wilson Elementary Montessori (2100 Yupon, Houston, TX 77006)
- 4 year old preschool
- Monday through Friday
Schools/Early Childhood Centers:
- Annunciation Orthodox School (Montrose, 3600 Yoakum Blvd, Houston, TX 77006)
- 3 years old through either grade
- 7:00am to 6:00pm options.
- Avalon Academy (1616 Indiana St, Houston, TX 77006)
- 6 weeks to 4 year old preschool.
- Bear Creek United Methodist Church School (16000 Rippling Water Drive, Houston, Texas 77084)
- 15 months through Kindergarten
- 2, 3, 4, and 5 day option.
- Becker (1500 Sunset Blvd, Houston, Texas 77005)
- Young toddler through preschool and kindergarten bridge program.
- Extended day available.
- Incorporates indoor and outdoor activity with quiet and active experiences that include Jewish customs and traditions, language arts, science, math, music, art, fine and gross motor play, health and safety, and social skills.
- Bethel Mother's Day Out (Bethel Church, 825 Bering Drive, Houston, TX 77057)
- 9 months through 5 years old
- Thursdays & Fridays, 9:30am-2:30pm
- Blossom Heights (Westpark near Fondren, 8702 Lipan Road, Houston, TX 77063)
- 18 months through preschool
- Flexible hours Monday - Friday, Early drop-off begins at 7:30, daily, Preschool program from 8:30am until 2pm, 2, 3, or 5 days a week, After care until 5:30 pm.
- Chapelwood School for Young Children (11140 Greenbay, Houston, TX 77024)
- 3 months to pre-kindergarten. Bridge program available.
- School Day: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 2 days a week to 5 days a week. After school activities available.
- Chrysalis Christian School (11522 Telge Rd Cypress, TX 77429)
- 6 weeks to preschool.
- 7:00-6:00pm options available.
- Crossing Boarders (Rice Village, King Evangelical Lutheran Church, 2353 Rice Blvd, Houston, TX 77005)
- Spanish, Mandarin, French and English Preschool
- 18 months through 5 years old. Before and Afterschool care for 5-12 year olds.
- Esperanza School (Rice Military/Heights,1100 Roy Street, Houston, TX, 77007)
- 6 weeks through 5 years old.
- Pre-School, Mother's Day Out, Afterschool Programs, 6:30am - 6:00pm Options Available
- Faith Lutheran Day School (Bellaire, 4600 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, TX 77401)
- 3 years through Kindergarten, Kinder bridge available
- Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 6:00pm
- Klein Weekday Ministries (Klein United Methodist Church, 5920 FM 2920, Spring, TX)
- 18 months through 5 years old
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-1:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Kindergarten Bridge offered
- Our Savior Lutheran School (5000 W Tidwell Rd, Houston, TX 77091)
- Preschool for 3 and 4 year olds. School is also K through 8th grade.
- 9:00am to 2:00pm.
- Presbyterian School (5300 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77004)
- Preschool (2 by January 1) through Middle School
- Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm options
- Rainard, Gifted & Talented (11059 Timberline Rd, Houston, TX 77043)
- Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Houston’s only nonprofit, private school for gifted children.
- Monday-Friday: 8:15am to 12:30pm
- The Regis School (7330 Westview Dr, Houston, TX 77055)
- All Boys.
- PreK 3 and 4.
- 8:00am-3:00pm with extended day options.
- River Oaks Baptist School (River Oaks, 2300 Willowick Rd Houston, TX 77027)
- 2 years old through 8th grade.
- Pre-Kindergarten is 8:15am-11:45am with an option for 7:30am-3:15pm.
- School for Little Children (Bellaire United Methodist Church, 4417 Bellaire Blvd, Bellaire, TX 77401)
- Preschool: Turning 3 and 4, 2-5 days/week 9-12 (with stay and play option until 2 on select days)
- NAEYC, MDO 15 mo-30 mo, 2 days/week 9-12 and 9-2
- School of the Woods (1321 Wirt Road, Houston, Texas 77055)
- 2.5 years through high school
- Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 6:00pm options available.
- Spanish School 4 Kids (215 West 23rd. Houston, TX 77008)
- Offers instructional immersion and dual language programs.
- Ages 2-4 (plus a Kindergarten program). Instructional time is from 9 - 2 P.M. Extended time is from 8 - 9 A.M. and from 2 - 5 P.M.
- St. Catherine's Montessori (Timberside Dr near 610, 9821 Timberside, Houston, Texas 77025)
- 14 months through 9th grade
- Toddlers: Monday-Friday, 8:15am-11:30am, Primary: Monday-Friday, 8:15am-3:15pm, Extended Day until 6:00pm
- St. Frances Episcopal Day School (Memorial, 335 Piney Point Rd, Houston, TX 77024)
- 18 months to 8th grade
- Monday - Friday, extended care until 6:00pm.
- St. Martin's Episcopal Preschool (St. Martin's Episcopal Church, Galleria, 717 Sage Road, Houston, TX 77056)
- 12 months through 5 years old
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am-2:30pm
- Kindergarten Bridge offered
- St. Paul's School (Museum District, 5400 Fannin, Houston, TX)
- 6 months through kindergarten
- 9:00am - 2:30pm, extended day 8:00am - 4:00pm.
- Strawberry Fields of Learning (902 Marina Bay Dr, Kemah, TX 77565)
- Walking to 6 years old.
- Up to 5 days a week. 9:00am to 3:45pm, with extended day available.
If you have more suggestions for the best Houston preschools, let us know!
Lauren Bernstein Murray says
Bear creek United Methodist church school
Rachel Lillian Sandlin says
Chapelwood School for young children!
Ashley Petersen says
Chapelwood Methodist School
St. Thomas' Episcopal!
MOnica CRuz says
Oak forest elementary rated 10 out of 10 in greatschools.com
I loved it there and so did my daughter!
Jeremy Kovich says
The Goddard School of Spring Klein!
Purak Parmar says
The Goddard School Spring/Klein
8727 Eastloch Dr
Spirng TX 77379
LouAnn Webber says
Memorial Lutheran School has a wonderful Early Start and Preschool Program through 8th grade!
Lisa G says
Johnson Memorial School, Oak Forest
Hudson H says
La Maternelle French Academy
French Lanaguage Immersion Preschool that follows the French Ministry of Education's curriculum for preschool aged kids.
Amanda McClanahan says
First Friends Parent's Day Out is an affordable, faith-based preschool serving infants through toddlers. Conveniently located in Midtown, this program boasts educated teachers, small class sizes, and a commitment to fostering every child's educational and emotional needs. http://www.firstfriendshouston.com/
Sabrina Allen says
I second Memorial Lutheran School on Westheimer. We started there for Pre-school and our daughter will be entering 2nd grade there next year. We love the school!!
Rachael Pepyne says
Trinity Lutheran Downtown is now known as The Upbring School for Discovery and Leadership. The updated address is 1316 Washington Ave Houston, TX 77002. The organization is a non-profit that rents the space from Trinity Lutheran Downtown Church. Safe, fun, and nurturing environment. Great indoor and outdoor spaces for kids to play and explore. Chapel and Spanish are a part of the curriculum. Soccer Shots + Gymnastics are available onsite.
Jill Jarvis says
Niki Kreb says
Spanish School 4 Kids