It’s clear from all the questions I get… Houston parents not only want to know what Houston summer camps are available, but they want recommendations from other parents.
Below is an updated list of camps recommended by Houston parents. Check each link for the latest details.
If you want to suggest a Houston summer camp, tell us!
Free Houston Summer Camps
Find the FREE summer programs HERE. Swimming lessons, sports camps, VBS and more.
Museums/Zoo Summer Camps
Camp Zoofari (Houston Zoo, 6200 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, Texas 77030)
- Immersive experience for children ages 6-14.
- August 7-11 – A special session of All Access camp for campers ages 10-12
- Campers explore the Zoo, meet our animals and make new friends while learning about wildlife and how to protect them in the wild.
Houston Museum of Natural Science (5555 Hermann Park Drive, Houston,Texas 77030)
- Kids can experience a summer of education and adventure.
- Geared for kids ages 6 – 12.
- Registration opens in March for everyone. (Earlier for members.)
- Extended day care is also available before and after camp for an additional fee.
Houston Museum of Natural Science Sugar Land (13016 University Blvd., Sugar Land, TX 77479)
- Week long camps for kids ages 6-12 years old.
- Registration opens in March. (Earlier for members.)
- Camps are held Monday-Friday. Extended day care is available.
Art/Theater/Music Summer Camps
Cordovan Art School (Katy, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands)
- Studio Locations: Katy, Spring, Sugar Land, The Woodlands
- "Live Life in COLOR" this Spring and Summer at a Creative Art Camp at Cordovan Art School!
- Select from over 40 fun-themed camps that change every week: Live Animals, Video Game Art, Super Heros and Villains, Fantasy Art, Space Art, Pets, Pokemon, Anime, and more. Explore a variety of art mediums: Watercolor, acrylic, clay, ceramics, paper mache, drawing, print-making, sculpture, etc. in a fun, friendly environment!
- Ages 5-16 / All Skill Levels / Half & Full Day Sessions /Extended Care Available
Creator Camp (Katy, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Montrose, Cypress)
- Creator Camp Locations: Katy, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Montrose, Cypress
- Get ready for an unforgettable experience at Creator Camp! Immerse yourself in a world of creativity and technology where you'll have the chance to make amazing films, animations, YouTube videos, Minecraft mods, Roblox games, AI machine learning models and more! Our in-person, hands-on camps are designed specifically for students aged 6-13, offering them a unique opportunity to learn from college-level instructors and create their very own projects in real-time.
- Creative Camps run Monday to Wednesday: Filmmaking, Animation and Youtube Creators
- Tech Camps run Thursday and Friday: AI, Roblox Game Development, Minecraft Modding
- Ages 6-13 / All Skill Levels / Full Day Sessions /Extended Care Available
- Visit our site for package deals and to view our unlimited summer pass!
- Book now: www.creatorcamp.org
CyFair Music and Art (7103 Glen Chase Ct, Houston, TX 77095)
- Geared towards kids ages 4-13 years old.
- Drama Kids, Piano, Guitar, Drums, Art, Kindermusik, Baby Sign Language
Glassell Junior School (Museum of Fine Arts, 5100 Montrose Boulevard, Houston, TX 77006)
- Geared toward ages 3-18.
- Camps are for students in grades 3-12 and take place in downtown Houston.
Kidcreate Art Studio (Greater Heights)
- For kids 4-12 year old.
Main Street Theater (Multiple Houston Locations)
- Students take charge of all aspects of performance while the teachers (who are arts and educational professionals) provide guidance and know-how support to students (ages 4 – 18).
- Kids write and stage their original theater pieces, creating their own roles, lines, costumes, and props.
Overture School of Music (9039 Katy Fwy #201, Houston, TX 77024)
- Music studio in Memorial run by professional musicians.
- Piano, Suzuki Violin, Viola, Guitar, Ukulele and Harp Lessons.
- Students are taught by highly qualified and trained teachers with Master's and Doctorate degrees in music.
- Year round music lessons, including summer, both in-person and virtual.
WITS Creative Writing Camp (Multiple Locations)
- Kinder – 12th grade.
- Very popular camp that opens registration the end of January, and usually fills quickly.
Blackwood Nature Camp (27144 Rock Island Road, Hempstead, Texas 77445)
- A week-long overnight camp for ages 8-14 located in Hempstead, TX.
- Build a relationship with nature and safely explore the great outdoors.
- Campers enjoy a variety of outdoor activities including classes such as natural dyeing, cane-pole fishing, and cooking. They play forest games, hike, swim, and explore. Kids learn about wildlife in workshops hosted by local experts, and go on educational field trips to places like St. Francis Wolf Sanctuary and Huntsville State Park. At night, they stargaze, tell stories, and roast s’mores by the campfire.
Houston Arboretum (4501 Woodway Drive, Houston, TX 77024)
- Get outdoors with the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center this summer.
- The Arboretum’s Summer Camp is a great place for kids ages 4-12 to learn all about the natural world.
Nature Discovery Center (7112 Newcastle, Bellaire, TX 77401)
- Week-long camps with different themes.
- Camps are limited to 22 children each week, with 4 teen counselors assisting the Camp Instructor.
SPCA Critter Camp (900 Portway Drive, Houston, TX 77024)
- Week-long adventures will include Vet Camp, Animal Rescue and Forensics, and Jr. Pet Pals.
- Camp from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Grades 3-8.
TGR Exotics Wildlife Park (22115 Sherrod Land, Spring, TX 77389)
- Camps include a tour of the animals, snack, activity, craft and game.
- Topics may include Animal Costumes, Animal Defenses, Animal Senses, Animals in Motion, Animal Diets, Predator/Prey, Birds of a Feather and Bugs.
STEM/Academic/Language Houston Summer Camp
EEEK! Science Summer Camp (Katy, Simonton)
- Science based activities centered around various themes for the day.
Language Kids (Multiple locations)
- Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, French and English immersion summer camps.
Magnolia School (9920 Long Point Road, Houston, Texas 77055)
- Magnolia School, a private, independent liberal arts school for girls offers a wide variety of summer camps for all girls entering grades kindergarten-8th.
- ½ day and full day options are available throughout the summer, varying by week.
- Registration opened on January 20, 2023 and will continue until camps are full.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
STREAM Program (Houston Public Library)
- Free week-long summer program that allows students the opportunity to participate in activities relating to each aspect of STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts and Math) each day of the week. K through 12.
University of Houston Summer Camps (Multiple Locations)
- Many camps are offered.
- Check the website for all the details.
Virtual Tech Camps (Rice University)
- For students ages 7-19.
- Structured, weeklong sessions with 2 hours of live instruction per day + 2 hours of self-paced project development.
- Curriculum in Python, Java, Minecraft, Roblox, AI, Unreal Engine, Adobe, 3D modeling, and more. 5 students max per instructor, blending personalized learning and team interaction.
Dance/Gymnastics/Sports Houston Summer Camp
The Artz (Heights)
- Join The Artz for the Aerial Circus Endeavor Summer Program.
- Keep your kids, ages 5-15, active with our multi-week camp as they fly high and gain confidence.
- Normal hours are from 8 am - 5 pm.
- Extended hours are available for an additional charge.
Hunter Dance Center (Heights)
- Dance Theater Camps and camps for kids. Ages 6-8.
Inspire Rock Climbing Camp (Cypress, Spring)
- These camps are developed to help the climber with technique, problem solving, planning and execution.
JC Sports Houston (Humble)
- Five full days packed with activities including Soccer, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Glow in the Dark Soccer and Nerf Wars, EPIC Water Balloon Fights, Dodge Ball, Science FUN and more.
- Ages 4 to 13.
Panther Soccer (Greater Heights)
- Join Panther Soccer for our indoor youth soccer camp session
- Weekly from June 5th to August 21st
- Birth years offered 2012-2017
- AM, PM and Full Day sessions available
Quillan Recreation Center (Westchase)
- Camp Quillian is an American Camp Association accredited day camp that caters to children between the ages of 5-12, as well as Teen Camp for kids ages 13-14.
Rice Owls Sports Camps (Rice University)
- Football, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Track and Field, STEM-letics camps offered throughout the summer.
Rise Camp (Spring Branch)
- Rise offers a one-of-a-kind weeklong camp that features gymnastics, dance, music, and ninja: 4 different camps combined into 1.
- Each day campers cycle through these 4 disciplines, keeping them engaged and active for the whole week. Day camps are available to children from ages 5-12.
- Rise is located in Spring Branch at the Beltway and Hammerly.
Vitacca Vocational School for Dance (Montrose & The Woodlands)
- Children’s Dance/Ballet Camp is an exciting week of dance filled with a fun approach to ballet technique, which includes ballet class, choreography, and crafts focusing on an age appropriate children’s classical ballet.
- Through the music and plenty of dancing, dancers will have a fun-filled week exploring a favorite classical ballet. The week will conclude with a short, in-studio demo/performance.
Westbury Soccer Club (Bayland Park)
- U5 through U14.
- Full and half day options available.
- Extended care and lunch options available.
Rao's Bake Camp (Spring and Beaumont)
- Fun learning experience to help your children explore the fun and thrills of baking.
- Kids will learn how to read recipes, follow directions, let their creativity blossom, and enjoy snacks and games!
Sur la table (Multiple Locations)
- Five days of fun making their favorite foods. Kids (ages 7-11) and teens (12-17) will put on an apron and learn to cook delicious recipes from scratch.
All-Around/Christian/Sleep Away Camps
Camp Cho-yeh (Livingston)
- Christian Camp with activities like archery, paintball, horseback, riflery, blobbing, wakeboarding, tomahawk throwing and more.
- Ages 6 – 16 years old.
- Sleep-over camp.
Camp Deer Run (Winnsboro)
- A Christian summer camp in East Texas that exists to provide a camping experience.
Camp Eagle (Rocksprings)
- Sleep away camp for grades 1st – 7th.
- It’s where kids gather for unbridled fun and real outdoor adventures.
- No phones, devices, wifi in these woods.
Elite University Summer Camps ( Midtown and West University Locations )
- Ages 5 - 13• Monday - Friday 7AM - 6M or 8AM - 5PM
- Tuition: $285 - 415 per week
- Specialty Camps include: Aerospace Engineering • Karate • Fencing • Karate • Culinary Arts • Medical Science • Vet Science • Mixed Media Art • Architecture For Kids!
- Adventure Camp includes: Music • STEM • Art • All Sports • Weekly Field Trips
- Field Trip Based Outdoor Camps: Horseback Riding & Archery • Rock Wall Climbing • Camp Outback
- 18 years of safe, active, educational summer camp fun!
- 12 Weeks of fun with a different camp each week!
Kidventure (Multiple Locations)
- Running camps at multiple locations in Houston, Austin and Dallas for 20 years.
- Registration opens in February.
- Ages 3 – 15 years old.
Pine Cove (Columbus & Tyler, Texas)
- Christian Camp with day camps, overnight camps and even camps for the entire family!
- Four sessions in June and July, for kids aged 6 to 11.
Texas A&M Sea Camp (Galveston)
- Sea Camp is a week-long residential adventure exploring the wonders of the marine and estuarine environments for campers ages 10-18.
- As a Sea Camper, kids will have access to research vessels, oceanographic equipment, laboratory facilities, and a professional staff enabling you to learn about the ocean through hands-on experiences.
Texas A&M Sports Camps (College Station)
- Aggie camps offer a wide range of instruction for both boys and girls, ages 8-18.
Victory Camp (Living Stone Church, 1407 Victory Lane, Alvin, Texas 77511)
- Christian camp in operation since 1992.
- Activities include: quad-zipline, swimming, rock walls, double waterslide, bumperboats, paddleboats, gym sports, field sports, and go-karts.
Do you have a recommendations for a Houston summer camp? Let us know!