Every February, the Houston Rodeo comes to town! Before the three week celebration at at NRG Park, families can find trail riders, floats and marching bands in Downtown Houston.
For 2023, the parade is on February 25 at 10:00am.
The route is:
- Starts at Bagby and Walker (by City Hall)
- Walker Street to Travis Street, Right on Travis
- Travis to Bell Street, Right on Bell
- Bell to Louisiana Street, Right on Louisiana
- Louisiana to Lamar Street, Left on Lamar
- Ends at Lamar and Bagby (by the Central Library)
Find the map HERE or below:
If you plan to go Downtown, here are some tips:
- Arrive early! Traffic and parking will be tough just before the parade start time.
- Take METRORail to avoid the traffic. The parade is near the Main Street Square Station on the Red Line.
- If you drive, I would personally come in to downtown from the I59/Discovery Green side of Downtown. Park when you see a spot and walk over. (So you have a guide, Discovery Green is approximately 5 blocks from the train tracks on Main Street and 10 blocks from City Hall.)
- According to Rodeo Houston, THESE are the recommended parking spots.