- Visit one of the many free Houston splashpads!
- Visit one of the free Houston pools!
- Discovery Green, Hermann Park & Downtown Aquarium Splashpads
- Jaycee Park – Timbergrove
- Pearland Recreation Center – Indoor pool with $12 day family pass!
- Timmarron Park Splashpad – The Woodlands
- Crane Brook Pool – The Woodlands. Shallow water, play structure, slide. $6 for nonresidents.
- Fife Park Splashpad – Friendswood
- Noah’s Ark – Quillian Center in Westchase
- Wonderwild – Multiple Locations
- Monkey Joe’s – Multiple Locations
- Pump It Up – Multiple Locations
- Happy Playland – Spring Branch
- Stomping Grounds – Sugar Land. Play date and coffee break in one.
- Giggles and Fun – Katy
- Bouncin Bears– Spring
- Main Street Indoor Park – First Methodist Downtown. Free to visit.
- Safari Stop – United Methodist Church The Woodlands.
- Chuck E Cheese – Multiple locations. Go early before the birthday parties!
- Gallery Furniture Playplace
- Galleria Mall Play Area
- Memorial City Mall Castle
- Children’s Museum of Houston – Including the Tot Spot for kids under 3.
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum – Awesome for little kids. Just enough to do but not overwhelmingly huge inside.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science & the Cockrell Butterfly Center
- Houston Zoo – There are plenty of indoor spaces. The Natural Encounters area and the Aquarium are both indoors and tend to get skipped on a normal trip to the zoo!
- Houston Fire Museum – The play area is great for young kids.
More Indoor Fun:
- Dairy Ashford Skate Rink
- Bowling – Even for toddlers (using ramps and gutters)
- Tomball Train Depot – Tours on Saturdays and run through the fountain afterwards.
- Astros Game – Tickets are reasonable and when it’s over 82 degrees, the roof is on and the stadium is air conditioned!
- Houston Public Library Reading Program – Read and earn great prizes. Also check your local library for free events each week.