Look at the Marriott Marquis Houston! This is the downtown Houston hotel with the iconic Texas-shaped rooftop lazy river, complete with stunning views of downtown skyline!
We are doing school a little differently this year, so this week we packed up our books and moved our classroom to the beautiful downtown Houston hotel. It's our way of making this messy year work for us (instead of just against us).
And what a beautiful backdrop for a classroom and stay-cation! We have wanted to see this pool for years!
Our host, Marriott Marquis Houston is located right next to Discovery Green and has six onsite dining options, the world's largest Texas-shaped rooftop lazy river, an infinity pool, awesome fitness center and a great Houston location. Learn all about this downtown Houston hotel, HERE.
At the Marriott, the kids did their schoolwork with a view of a skyline and raced out to the pool deck. They floated down the rooftop lazy river, played giant chess and sat by the fire. It was chilly outside, but the pools are all heated to toasty 80 degrees.
Because of the great location, we were also about to walk around downtown Houston. We played at Discovery Green across the street and grabbed lunch at lunch at Phoenicia Specialty Foods.
This downtown Houston hotel is also close to Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, BBVA Compass Stadium, George R. Brown and the downtown tunnel system. It's also a short drive or METROrail ride to the Museum District and Hermann Park.
Right now, Marriott Marquis Houston is sticking to capacity limitations, they are requiring masks and they have handwashing stations everywhere. And it just so happens when we visited on a weekday, we practically had the place to ourselves. See their safety guidelines HERE.
If you are considering a visit Marriott Marquis Houston, here are some tips to help you plan your trip:
- The rooftop lazy river is the really very cool. It's fun to swim in and it's also beautiful to look at from above.
- Half of the rooms face the Texas-shaped lazy river and the other half face Minute Maid or BBVA Compass Stadium.
- If you do not have a room with a view of the pool, you can still take plenty of Insta-worthy photos from the window by the elevator.
- The rooms come with a mini-fridge and coffee maker. (We have someone with a special diet, so we are always looking for this information!)
- Paid parking is available. You can pay for valet or self park around the corner.
- You can read Marriott's health and safety guide HERE.
- The pool deck includes the heated lazy river, heated infinity pool and hot tub. There is also a restaurant and bar and lots of lounge chairs.
- Pool towels are provided.
- There are no lifeguards on duty.
- The fitness center is great. More and more, we've been picking out hotels by the fitness equipment available... and this was a great hotel fitness center. It overlooks the pool and Minute Maid Park and has free weights (dumbbells up to 100lbs and Smith machine), resistance machines, cable machine, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and stepmills. The 7,000 square-foot fitness center is open 24-hours.
- If you need a place to work for the day, Marriott Marquis Houston has a Work from Anywhere Package. From 6:00am-6:00pm on a weekday, you can have access to a room with enhanced wifi, the pools, the fitness center and spa. For this, use promotion code WRK.
- Some low overnight rates are available these days, so go HERE to search for your dates. Also, for more hotel discounts (like AAA and Veteran discounts), go HERE!
- Learn all about the downtown Houston hotel HERE.
Find more pictures below and if you go to Marriott Marquis Houston, tell us about it!
Marriott Downtown Houston Hotel:
Address Map: 1777 Walker St, Houston, TX 77010
Mona Murdock says
We went last weekend and the service was poor, no towels except one in the room, the room service number never answered for room service all night, trash around the pool drink cups from guests, waited in line so long to check in. Very disappointed for the expensive rate we paid. We had to pay $30 each for a pool lounge chair but when the rain hit and wind we left. So we didnt enjoy them for the price.