We went to see the National WWII Museum and Arts District, and it was the perfect time to go. This funky, cool part of New Orleans has as lots of room… and hardly any crowds. Right in the middle of the Arts District, and across the street from the museum, is the Higgins Hotel.
The Higgins Hotel, by Hilton, is the Official Hotel of The National WWII Museum and the profits go back to the museum. It’s named for the local Higgins Industries shipbuilder Andrew Higgins and the boats that helped win World War II.
A friend told me that New Orleans is close enough to drive from Houston… but when you arrive, it feels like a world away. We just made the trip, and I have to agree!
We went to see the National WWII Museum and Arts District, and it was the perfect time to go. This funky, cool part of New Orleans has as lots of room... and hardly any crowds.
Right in the middle of the Arts District, and across the street from the museum, is the Higgins Hotel. They invited us out for the weekend and it was perfect.
The Higgins Hotel, by Hilton, is the Official Hotel of The National WWII Museum and the profits go back to the museum. It's named for the local Higgins Industries shipbuilder Andrew Higgins and the boats that helped win World War II.
The museum and hotel are within walking distance of the French Quarter. But unlike the French Quarter, this area is much easier for driving and parking (and even for walking!). It's in the middle of all the action... but easier to navigate.
The art deco design of the Higgins Hotel is beautiful and the location next to the WWII Museum is awesome.
With our big family, we always look for the cleanest, safest hotel, in the most popular area... for an affordable price. The Higgins Hotel is gorgeous (just think of hosting a nice wedding reception here), it is right in the middle of all the New Orleans activity... and especially now, there are really good deals.
Check for discounts, including some stay and park packages, some stay and museum packages... and right now you can save $20 per night by going HERE. (In order to book this rate, you can call our direct reservations line at 833-357-1172 and ask for the “Eureka Rate” or click HERE. (Psssst... Visit the WWII Museum and you'll know to what Eureka refers!)
At the Higgins Hotel we parked the car one time and then hopped between the Nation WWII Museum, the French Quarter and the Arts District. We ate at beignets, went to Mother's (with no line), enjoyed food and the rooftop view from Rosie's and got far away from our daily routine.
At the hotel, masks are required, housekeeping is only on request, extra cleaning product is in the room if you want to use it and hand sanitizing stations are everywhere.
(Know that the Higgins Hotel, WWII Museum and Arts District were great about keeping things clean and social distancing. The French Quarter gets crowded by late afternoon... so I would clear out when it gets crazy.)
If you are considering a visit the hotel, here are some tips to help you plan your trip:
- The Higgins Hotel is the official hotel of The National WWII Museum, is right across the street and shares a parking garage. It's the perfect place to stay if you want to visit the museum, Arts District or French Quarter (but without the headaches).
- Profits from the Higgins Hotel go back to the WWII Museum.
- You can use/accrue Hilton points.
- The WWII Museum allows you to leave and re-enter during the day. You can hop between the hotel and museum all day (and the museum is plenty big to spend the whole day there).
- Rosie's on the Roof is open at the Higgins Hotel. It's family friendly (especially outside on the roof) and serves food and drinks... and has an amazing view.
- The French Quarter is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. (You probably want a stroller for the littlest ones.)
- The rooms are very nice and have a minifridge and coffee maker (but no microwave).
- Paid garage parking is available. (There is also paid street parking, but the hours are limited.)
- You can read Hilton's health and safety guide HERE.
- The fitness center is really good. They have treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, dumbbells (up to 75lbs), cable resistance machine, kettle bells, medicine balls and resistance bands.
- Check The Higgins Hotel for discounts. They have some stay and park packages, some stay and museum packages... and right now you can save $20 per night by going HERE.