With your zoo or museum membership, you can get into zoos and museums, worldwide, for free or for a discount! Read on to learn about Houston Reciprocal Museum Memberships.
I kinda-sorta knew that my Houston Zoo Membership could be used in other cities and at other zoos... but did not realize the same was true for my other Houston Memberships. Last time I was in San Antonio, I got in free or for half price at several spots... all because I saw a sign about reciprocal museum memberships.
Since many Houston families have memberships to the museums or zoo, here is a guide to what you can get.
Just know that partner programs do not work if the museums are within a certain distance of the other... so you cannot use your Children's Museum of Houston membership at Space Center Houston (but you can use it at the Thinkery in Austin).
And as a disclaimer, this list changes so check before you go!
Reciprocal Museum and Zoo Memberships
- Children's Museum of Houston
- Thinker level membership or above
- Free privileges at ASTC Museums
- Includes The DoSeum (San Antonio Children's Museum), Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas, The Thinkery, the New Austin Children's Museum and museums all over Texas, the United States... and the world.
- Houston Health Museum
- Family Max level membership or above
- Free privileges at Smithsonian Affiliate Museums
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston
- Patron level membership or above
- Free privileges at THESE museums.
- Houston Maritime Museum
- Family level membership or above
- Free privileges at NARM museums
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Zoo
- All membership levels
- Discounted admission to AZA zoos and aquariums
Other museums in Houston also seem to have Reciprocal Membership Privileges... so always ask.
For more road trip and family travel ideas, from Houston, go HERE!