Planning on visiting the Houston Museum District and wondering where to go for lunch? The restaurants below are a short walk from many of the museums and Hermann Park. Read about them below and find a map HERE.
1. Bodegas Taco Shop – 1200 Binz, Houston, Texas 77004
Fia’s is located right next to Bodega’s (their sister restaurant) and serves
pizza, pasta, wings, salads and dessert.
At Fia’s, you create your own pizza or order their signature pizza combinations. They make it in front of you and put it in the brick oven to cook.
3. McDonalds – NOW HMNS Cafe – 5555 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, TX 77030
Located in the Grand Hall of the Houston Museum of Natural Science – Open between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Located in the Museum of Fine Arts Beck Building. No museum ticket is needed to get to the restaurant.
5. Pinewood Cafe – 6104 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77030
6. Fresh Cafe – 1500 Binz, Houston, Tx 77004
Located in Children’s Museum of Houston. You could have guessed… this restaurant has lots of items for kids.
7. Barnaby’s Cafe – 1801 Binz Street, Houston, TX 77004
This restaurant is kid friendly and has many salads, garden burgers and casual fare.
Kids can play with a wooden robot while the food is prepared and everyone can enjoy the modern yet casual restaurant.
8. Fadi’s Mediterranean Eatery – 1801 Binz St, Houston, TX 77004
We were driving down Binz, near the Children’s Museum, when we spotted the new Fadi’s Mediterranean Eatery. It’s one of our favorite Houston spots… and now there is one in the museum district!
It’s smaller than the other spots, but has the favorites. Plus parking is validated in the garage.
9. Java Lava Brew – 1201 Southmore Blvd, Houston, TX 77004
Find Hawaiian, Vietnamese and Houston food, Kona coffee and a great patio at Java Lava Brew!
This restaurant is near the museums and right along the METRORail tracks.
10. Or bring a picnic and eat it at Hermann Park!