Here is where to see dinosaurs around Houston! You can find dinosaur themed spots and attractions around the city... this includes seeing real fossils, playing at dinosaur parks and attending dinosaur events!
I put this list together with the help of Fun2Go Misters. This family is really dinosaur obsessed, and you should definitely follow their page. As new dinosaur spots pop up, Fun2Go Misters will find them first!
If you have more dinosaur themed attractions to add to the list, let us know!
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land
- Brazosport Museum of Natural Science
- 400 College Blvd, Clute, TX 77531
- This museum is small and free to visit. There is a small Bryan Cooney Hall of Paleontology with a collection of dinosaurs and other ancient animals including a Bambiraptor (the only one in Texas).
- Houston Interactive Aquarium and Animal Preserve
- 5440 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Humble, TX 77396
- The dinosaur section is small, but if you are determined to see every dino themed spot in town... there is a (pretend) dinosaur skeleton in the tank.
- Dinosaur Park
- This is a drive from Houston. The Dinosaur Park features a unique outdoor museum setting. You walk through a tree-lined nature trail and the dinosaurs sit back from the trail, situated among plants, trees and rocks.
- Travis Spark Park
- 3311 Beauchamp St, Houston, TX 77009
- Travis Spark Park is one of Houston's very best parks! It is in a nice Heights neighborhood and has a challenging play structure, rock wall, fitness center, spinning center… and dinosaur bones! The public can play outside of school hours.
- Clark Henry Park
- Jersey Village, TX 77040
- This big green space has big trees, unique playground equipment, a splashpad and public pool. There are tires, bridges, swings, a sandbox with dinosaur bones.
- Shady Lane Park
- 10220 Shady, Houston, TX 77093
- This park has a small dino dig. (And the rest of the bayou themed park is very cool too.)
- Eclectic Menagerie Park
- Houston, TX 77051
- As you drive down 288 (at 610), you will see Eclectic Menagerie Park at Texas Pipe & Supply. The collection began many years ago when Jerry Rubenstein, Chairman of the Board for Texas Pipe & Supply, purchased the hippo sculpture. Next came a rhino and snoopy… and more and more and more... including a dinosaur.
- Dinosaur Park Wharton
- Fraizer's Hempstead
- Dinosaur Valley State Park
- 1629 Park Rd 59, Glen Rose, TX 76043
- This is a long drive from Houston... but at this state park you can find dinosaur tracks, camp, picnic, hike, mountain bike, swim, fish and paddle, watch for wildlife, look for a geocache, ride your horse, or visit the interpretive center. It’s easy to find dinosaur tracks in the park... just head to the river!
- Magical Winter Lights
- 1000 FM 2004, La Marque, TX 77568
- Each winter, Magical Winter Lights comes to La Marque. Part of this big holiday light show is the interactive Dinoland. Not only can you see dinosaurs but you can ride little dinosaur carts, pose for pictures in the jeep and take pictures in the mouth of a t-rex.
- Houston Zoo
- Jurassic Extreme
- Jurassic Extreme has the walking dinosaurs that come to you for parties and events.
- Jurassic Quest
- This traveling show makes its way through Houston and surrounding areas. You can see over 80 true-to-life size dinosaurs.
- Dino Stroll
- This traveling show comes through Houston and surrounding areas. Dino Stroll lets you walk-thru an get up close to life-like and life-size dinosaurs, some standing over 25 feet tall and spanning over 60 feet long.
Still want more? These places offer Gem Mining... and maybe you'll find some fossils.