Do you have a kid that loves planes? Here is where to see airplanes around Houston!
If you have more airplane themed spots to add to the list, let us know!
- IAH Official Airplane Observation Parking Lot
- Photographers, couples on dates and family outings can be spotted at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) official airplane observation parking lot, located on Lee Rd. at the end of runway 27.
- HOU Houston Hobby Airport Observation Lots
- Hobby Airport has two official observation lots, each marked with a sign. The first is on the west side, just off Telephone Rd. adjacent to the fence near the departure end of runways 12R and 17. The second observation lot at Hobby Airport is on the south side of the field, just west of the approach path to runway 30L.
- 1940 Air Terminal was Hobby Airport’s original terminal building from 1940 to 1954. From the ramp behind the building, you can get an excellent view of aircraft taxiing south to the FBO or landing/departing on nearby runway 17.
- Hooks Airport Viewing
- 20803 Stuebner Airline Rd, Spring, TX 77379
- Another plane spotting area is Hooks Airport, which is a private airport Steubner Airline in Spring, TX.
- Lone Star Flight Museum
- 11551 Aerospace Ave, Houston, TX 77034
- At the Lone Star Flight Museum you can tour the hangars, fly the simulators, play in the STEM learning room and even fly in an airplane.
- 1940 Air Terminal
- 8325 Travelair St, Houston, TX 77061
- The 1940 Air Terminal opened on September 28, 1940 and served the airlines and their passengers until spring of 1955. See air travel artifacts, the beautiful art deco building and the airplanes in the WR-4 Hangar.
- Black Walnut
- 2971 Hawthorne Drive, Conroe, Texas 77303
- The Black Walnut Cafe in Conroe is located inside the Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport!
- Aviators Grill
- 20803 Stuebner Airline Road, Spring, Texas 77379
- Inside the small Hooks Airport in Spring is a family friendly restaurant where kids can watch planes take off.
Are you looking for more airplanes around Houston? Look at THIS post for space themed spots around Houston. You will find a lot of airplanes in these places too!
Do you have a favorite spot for where to see airplanes around Houston? If so, let us know!
Leave a Reply