Here are the places around Houston to find fire trucks, fire fighters, fire truck themed play grounds and more!
If you have more to add to the list, let us know!
1. Houston Fire Museum - Housed in the old Fire Station 7, this is the perfect place for little fire fighters. In addition to old trucks and Houston fire history, there is a play room with fireman suits, a real fire truck cab and a fireman pole. This is also the place to get your Houston Fire Department gear for all ages... from onsies, to t-shirts to hats!
2. Fire Museum of Texas - Make the drive to Beaumont to the free fire museum. There is a model fire truck you can imagine what it feels like to be a modern firefighter and even see how long it takes you to dress in a fireman uniform.
3. Visit a Houston Fire Station - Visiting Houston Fire Stations has long been one of our favorite things to do! You can stop by your local station any time... just bring some cookies or pizza or thank you cards. Or, if you want to organize a free group tour, request your date and station, 30 days in advance, HERE.
Just remember that fire stations are busy spots... so they may be busy or need to leave very quickly!
4. The Antique Firehouse - Host your event at this Humble Firehouse... it includes 4 fire trucks, toddler play and activity area and outdoor moonwalk. (We have not been here, so tell us if you know more!)
5. Fire Truck Park - When Southside’s first fire truck was retired in 1970, it was kept in this park, making it the Fire Truck Park. This truck and the other playground equipment came into disrepair after many years of use, so in 2012, a completely renovated Fire Truck Park was opened. And it is fantastic. For kids under 5 years old, there is a new fire truck play structure. All around the new fire truck is unique equipment, for big kids, that you do not you see at every Houston park. The merry-go-round is made from a tire, there are little “flowers” where the kids sit and spin themselves and there is a very unusual rock wall for the biggest kids.
6. Housman Pocket Park - This small park has a fire truck play structure!
7. Second City, Indoor Playground at Second Baptist Church - This FREE indoor playground has a firetruck, fire station (and police station and construction site and more!).
8. The Creative Flow - In Arts District Houston, find a mural and an old fire truck!
9. Val Jahnke Fire Department Training Facility – Okay, okay, you cannot go everyday… but at Firefest each October, go see demonstrations, spray the fire hose, crawl through a "burning" building and more!