Camp near Houston, with kids!
My son is absolutely certain that we need to go camping... and I am absolutely sure I have no idea where to go around Houston. Fortunately I know a whole bunch of Houston parents that can recommend the best places to go around Houston.
Places to Camp Near Houston:
- Lake Houston Wilderness Park - 25840 FM 1485, New Caney, TX 77357 - 33 Miles from Downtown Houston
- This is the only Houston Park (HPARD) with overnight camping available! Cabins and walk-in campsites are available for rental. Activities include hiking and biking, kayaking and horseback riding (for horse owners).
- Spring Creek Park - 15012 Brown Rd, Tomball, TX 77375 - 35 Miles from Downtown Houston
- This Harris County Park in Tomball has a softball field, a basketball pavilion, tennis courts, a small barbecue pavilion, a large barbecue pavilion, eight RV/camper hook-ups, three tent camping sites, one primitive camping area, a playground, trails, picnic tables, barbecue grills, a sand volleyball court, and a rest room/shower pavilion. See our park review HERE!
- Brazos Bend State Park - 21901 FM 762, Needville, TX 77461 - 48 Miles from Downtown Houston
- This state park includes camping, picnicking, hiking, biking, horseback riding and fishing. The George Observatory is also located in the park. See our park review HERE!
- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - 34843 Betka Road, Waller, TX 77484 - 50 Miles from Downtown Houston
- Texas campground features cabin rentals, tent sites and RV camping. Activities around the park include visiting Six Flags Splashtown, the George Bush Presidential Library & Museum or the San Jacinto Monument.
- Stephen F. Austin State Park - Park Rd 38, San Felipe, TX 77473 - 50 Miles from Downtown Houston
- This park has hiking and biking trails, geocaching, campsites, RV hook-ups and a private cabin and group lodge. The San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site is nearby.
- Huntsville State Park - Huntsville, TX 77342 - 65 Miles from Downtown Houston
- This state park has trails, playgrounds and a nature center.
- Splashway Waterpark and Campgrounds - 5211 Main St, Sheridan, TX 77475 - 90 Miles from Downtown Houston
- Big waterpark with cabins, cottages, RV hook ups and space for tents. There are also playgrounds, boat rentals and activities for kids.
- Pace Bend Park - 2011 Pace Bend Rd N, Spicewood, TX 78669 - 195 Miles from Downtown Houston
- Improved campsites with water, electrical hook-ups, showers, primitive campsites, boat ramps, swim coves, trails on Lake Travis.
- Pedernales Falls State Park - 2585 Park Rd 6026, Johnson City, TX 78636 - 200 Miles from Downtown Houston
- At this state park, you can camp, hike, bike, picnic, geocache, swim and fish.
For more roadtrips from Houston, go HERE!
Leave a Reply