I had been to The Woodlands many times, but it was not until I stayed at the Embassy Suites at Hughes Landing that I really began to love it. Located on the lake, connected to miles of trails, within a walk or short drive to many restaurants, shops, parks and pools is the Embassy Suites.
The Embassy Suite invited us out for a few days, so we made the short drive from Houston to The Woodlands. Once we exited the highway, we were reminded of how The Woodlands got it's name. Many of the buildings are hidden by dense trees, so we followed the map to Hughes Landing. And when we arrived, I saw why so many people want to stay or live in The Woodlands.
First we went to Northshore Park, connected by the lakeside trail, less than a mile from the hotel. Then we ventured out further to more parks and some very cool pools. The biggest was Rob Fleming Pool, with beach entry, slides and lazy river! (For the public pool, there is an admission fee but you do not need to be a resident to visit.)
If you are looking for a hotel in The Woodlands, or have guests that are coming to stay, here are some tips for the Embassy Suites:
- Over 15 years of business travel, I've stayed in quite a few Embassy Suites. This one was by far the most modern and the nicest. (It's also brand new!)
- The price of the room includes a big breakfast and light weekday dinner. I thought it was pretty reasonable for the amenities and for the location... but I'll let you decide!
- Parking is free in the garage behind the hotel. I also saw a regular police patrol (on horseback!) going by the hotel and parking lot.
- The breakfast buffet is big! The selection is huge and you can order omelettes, French toast, pancakes and more (and it's all included with the price of the room).
- Each room has a little kitchenette... and their is a Whole Foods right next door. We bought fruits and veggies for snacks... to be a little more healthy and save some money on restaurants.
- The social hours are held each weekday night and include free drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and light food. One night it was steak kabobs, chips, veggies and hummus. The next it was chips, queso, veggies and hummus. Both nights, the food just kept on coming out and I don't think anyone left hungry.
- The hotel has a mix of business travelers and families. Mid-week, there were a lot of laptops in the lobby. Closer to the weekend, strollers were taking up the lounge area.
- The rooftop pool is not on the very top... but on the 3rd floor. (Which probably makes it less scary.) The pool is pretty small... but it was never crowded... and the view of the lake and Hughes Landing is beautiful!
- The Embassy Suites is located within a short walk of the hotel is Lakes Edge Boat House. Here you can rent single and tandem kayaks by the hour. Kids 9 and under can ride tandem and older kids can take their own, with supervision. We did not have chance to try these out... but my oldest son is now insisting on a trip back!
If you or your guests are considering a stay in The Woodlands, look at the pictures below and consider the Embassy Suites in Hughes Landing!
Leave a Reply