Spring is here and bluebonnets are popping up around Houston. Here are the spots we’ve confirmed… with a map.
If you’ve seen bluebonnets this year… please tell us where!
Also, if you head out for photos, watch out for ants and keep it as nice as you found it. So… no picking, trampling or littering please!
- Brays Bayou at Almeda and South MacGregor, behind Hermann Park – Fudruckers and Luby’s are right across the street. There is a flat wildflower site, plus lots of bluebonnets on the steeper banks of the bayou.
- Bayou Parkland at Hermann Park on Almeda, south of South MacGregor – Free public parking in the parking lot. This is a quiet (and mostly unknown!) part of Hermann Park. Right on the banks of Brays Bayou, you will find tons of bluebonnets… plus you might be able to get the Bill Coats Bridge in the background. (See the picture below)
- Waugh Drive Clover Leaf, by Spotts Park – Stephanie spotted them!
- E TC Jester just south of 610. Thanks Megan!
- Blessington Farms – This is a farm with strawberry picking and fun farm activities. You pay to get in, but if you are there, there is a small hill with bluebonnets and wildflowers that is good for photos. It’s very small (but good for close ups)… so no stomping on flowers!
- Willow Waterhole in Southwest Houston – Veronica found them in the green space!
- Hwy 105 West between Montgomery and Plantersville – Kari spotted them!
- TMC Transit Center – Right in the Medical Center there are yellow wildflowers and a small patch of bluebonnets. Find them right at the TMC Transit Center METRORail stop, between the train and MD Anderson. Take the train or bus because there isn’t much parking! Thanks to Benton for confirming!
- W TC Jester and 34th at White Oak Bayou – Sarah spotted them!
- TC Jester at Ella-TC Jester – Teresa spotted them!
- On Chatham by Cornerstone Elementary in Sugar Land – Thanks Lety!
- Pearland, off Yost Blvd – Thanks Jessica!
- Mercer Botanical Gardens – Thanks Elsa!
- Highway 19 on the stretch between Huntsville and Trinity – Thanks Tricia!
- Fulshear, south of FM1093 at Fulshear Trace – Thanks Amy!
- Chapel Hill – Thanks Kimberly!
- Stephen F. Austin State Park – Thanks Kathryn!
Bluebonnet patches from 2017… Check to see if they are there for 2018:
- Rob Fleming Park Wildflower Meadow – Kerry found this park in The Woodlands has a meadow with bluebonnets. It’s not huge, but good for photos!
People usually see bluebonnets in Memorial Park, TC Jester Park and Buffalo Bayou Park… and we’ll add them to the map when we get confirmation.