I know you know about Hurricane Harvey. To help you find the resources you need, find a round up of school closures, flooding, power outages and more below.
As I find more information, I'll add it... and if you have questions or a resource to add, let us know!
- Disaster Assistance
- Road Closures
- Houston now has a curfew 12am to 5am.
- Be aware that now there are people impersonating law enforcement. If someone suspicious comes to your door with a "police" or "security" shirt, ask for identification.
The reports are of men in black shirts and khakis, knocking on doors telling people to evacuate (in areas that are not under evacuation orders).
- Camps for next week... while the kids are out of school.
- How to help our neighbors, even if you cannot pull out dry wall.
- Map: A HARVEY MUCK MAP: How To Find Volunteers To Clear Out Your Flooded Home, and How To Volunteer To Help Clear Out Flooded Homes
- Map: "The Best Way To Find Out Which Hurricane Harvey Shelters Near You Need Help, and What They Need"
- Houston Area Shelters
- Restaurants Collecting/Distributing Donations
- Donating to Local Organizations
- School Delays and Closures
- HISD Providing 3 Free Meals a Day, All School Year
- Centerpoint Energy Power Outages
- Rainfall Totals
- Find Your Towed Car
- Store Closure Information
- ... (I'm looking for more...)
- Eater Houston Restaurant Closures
- Hurricane Harvey Houston Restaurant & Bar Updates Public Facebook Page
- Numbers to Call (According to the Local News)
- Life Threatening Emergencies Only: 911
- Coast Guard: 281-464-4851, 281-464-4852, 281-464-4853, 281-464-4854, 281-464-4855
- If You Have Rescue Resources (Boats, etc): 713-881-3100
Leave a Reply