How to get a refund/rollover on your Rodeo Houston 2020 Tickets
Rodeo Houston 2020 had to close after a week and a half… and they’ve now shared the plan for rolling over your purchased product to the 2021 season or getting it refunded.
This is from Rodeo Houston:
Everyone who purchased Half-Price Carnival Ticket Packs will have the option to roll their remaining tickets to be used at the 2021 Carnival or get a refund for unused ride and game tickets. Regardless if they choose rollover or refund, everyone must upload their ticket packs to the Rodeo Carnival App.
- All customers that have registered an account in the Rodeo Carnival app will receive a push notification (text message) informing you to open the Rodeo Carnival app and, if prompted to do so, install an update that will enable you to rollover or request your refund. The Rodeo Carnival app will walk you through the Rollover or Refund Process. We have made this process as simple as possible. If you choose to rollover you will immediately receive a card in your account that contains your bonus tickets which represents 20% of your remaining half-price tickets.
- Once you upload the Ticket Packs to the app, it may take a few days before you receive the push notification to choose your option of Rollover or Refund. This is due to the approval process for changes made to the App through the App Stores. You will receive notification once it is approved.
- If someone purchased full-price carnival tickets and is requesting a refund, they must e-mail: email@example.com or call 602.935.4060. These are the tickets and packs bought on-site at the Carnival.
To ensure we get everyone’s request processed quickly, we are asking for all Half-Price Carnival Packs to be uploaded and the decision to roll-over or refund be made by Friday, April 3, 2020.
Rollover Half-Price Carnival Packs
You will receive a push notification via text message notifying you to open the Rodeo Carnival app and if prompted to get the latest update. The updated app will offer the ability to rollover your half-price tickets. To thank those customers who roll over to 2021, they will receive 120% of their remaining tickets per pack. A card will automatically appear in your account. If someone had 100 tickets remaining, they will see 120 next year when they come to the Carnival.
Refund Half-Price Carnival Packs
For those seeking a refund on unused half-priced ride and game tickets, you will need to make sure you have registered their Carnival Packs in the Rodeo Carnival App. Within the next few days you will receive a push notification, via text message, notifying you to open the Rodeo Carnival app. If you have not already installed the latest version of the app, you will be prompted to update. The updated app will offer you the ability to request a refund for your unused tickets. Once the request for refund has been processed, all half-price tickets and coupons will automatically be removed from your account. Once our offices are re-opened, we will begin processing all requests. Checks will be mailed as soon as possible.
All Food Cards purchased for 2020 will rollover and be valid for the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- If you purchased a Food Card online and have not picked it up, it will be available at Will Call in 2021.
Grounds Admission Tickets
Grounds Admission Tickets can be rolled over and used for the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. For anyone who does not want to rollover Grounds Admission Tickets to the 2021 Show, they can come to the Rodeo offices and apply for the refund once we re-open. Grounds Admission Tickets must be presented and scanned for use to apply for refund.
Grounds Season Pass
Grounds Season Passes can be rolled over and used for the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. For anyone who does not want to rollover their Grounds Season Pass to the 2021 Show can come to the Rodeo offices and apply for the refund once we re-open. Refunds on Grounds Season Passes will be pro-rated based on usage.
- If you used your pass three or more times, there is no refund.
- If you used your pass two or fewer times, you will receive a pro-rated refund.
- If you purchased a Season Pass online and have not picked it up, it will be available at Will Call in 2021.
We ask that our customers be patient with us as we, like everyone else, are working through unprecedented times. Everyone who wants their money refunded will get that money refunded. We just ask for patience with the process.
For anyone who will not upload the tickets to the App can come to the Rodeo offices and apply for the refund once they re-open. They will be announcing hours specifically to handle Half-Price Carnival Ticket Sales issues at some point in April. All timelines will be fluid based on mandates from local authorities and best practices. The number one concern is the health and safety of staff, volunteers and customers.
For further information, please e-mail CTSCstatus@rodeohouston.com.