Houston Rodeo Parade, February 29, 2020… Route Information & Tips For Viewing And Parking
Every February, the Houston Rodeo comes to town! Before the three week celebration at at NRG Park, families can find trail riders, floats and marching bands in Downtown Houston.
For 2020, the parade is on February 29 at 10:00am.
The Route Is:
- Starts at Bagby and Walker (by City Hall)
- Walker Street to Travis Street, Right on Travis
- Travis to Bell Street, Right on Bell
- Bell to Louisiana Street, Right on Louisiana
- Louisiana to Lamar Street, Left on Lamar
- Ends at Lamar and Bagby (by the Central Library)
Find the map HERE or below:
If You Plan To Go Downtown, Here Are Some Tips:
- Arrive early! Traffic and parking will be tough just before the parade start time.
- Take METRORail to avoid the traffic. The parade is near the Main Street Square Station on the Red Line.
- If you drive, I would come in to downtown from the I59/Discovery Green side of Downtown. Park when you see a spot and walk over. (So you have a guide, Discovery Green is approximately 5 blocks from the train tracks on Main Street and 10 blocks from City Hall.)
- According to Rodeo Houston, these are the recommended parking spots: Alley Theater Garage, Lyric Center, 1100 Smith Garage, Theater District Parking, Street Parking, Texas and Smith, Smith and Preston, Smith and Dallas, Smith and Clay, Walker and Main. (But I would still park closer to Discovery Green and walk over… just to avoid the mess!)