Look below for details on each festival and farm I mention in the video. For ALL the festivals and fall events, go HERE.
Free Admission, Games & Food Tickets for Purchase. Pumpkins, Kids Games, Bounce Houses, Wagon Ride. There is free street parking.
2. Blessington Farm – September 22 – November 10 - 510 Chisolm Trail, Simonton, Texas 77476
Come enjoy the Pumpkin Patch and Fall Festivities at Blessington Farms. A great outing for the entire family with many Fall activities that include hay rides, giant slides, barrel train rides, pedal cars and animal encounters with camels, Baby Doll sheep, goats and MANY more. The walk-thru aviary where you can feed a variety of birds is a favorite as well as the recent addition of the Gem Mining experience and the Fossil Dig.
Admission is $20.00 per person (children 24 mos. and under are free) Fishing is FREE with admission (bring your own pole, barbless hook and bait.)
Open every Friday from 9:30-3:30 as well as Saturday AND Sunday (in October only) from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (weather permitting).
3. Oktoberfest – October 13, 2018 – First Evangelical Lutheran Church Midtown – 1311 Holman St, Houston, TX 77004
The wristband is all-inclusive- games, prizes, a plate of food (from The Fleishwagon German food truck) and a drink (beer or root beer). $10 adults $5 kids
4. Symphonic Spooktacular – October 13, 2018 – Jones Hall – 615 Louisiana St, Houston, TX 77002
Don your costume and join the Houston Symphony for a fright night filled with spine-tingling chills and musical thrills! From creepy classics like The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Michael Jackson’s Thriller to music from The Incredibles, Edward Scissorhands and The Lord of the Rings, this spooktacular scarefest is guaranteed to get you in the Halloween spirit.
5. Energy Day – October 20, 2018 – Sam Houston Park – 1000 Bagby St, Houston, TX 77002
Energy Day is a free, family-friendly festival that celebrates and highlights the importance of energy and science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in our daily lives. There will be a variety of interactive energy exhibits and booths, live music, food, contests and fun for all ages. Geared toward K-12 students.
6. Touch-A-Truck 2018 & Model Train Festival – October 27, 2018 – 6th Street Texas City
Bring the kids to see more than 45 trucks from monster trucks to dump trucks, cranes to military vehicles, police and fire and much more! Face painting, balloon artists and giant corn box. Held in partnership with the Texas City Model Train Festival. Touch-A-Truck is free, entry to the indoor model train exhibits for the Model Train Festival is $2 for kids and $5 for adults.
7. Halloweekends – September 22-October 28, 2018 – Splashway Campgrounds in Sheridan – 5211 Main St, Sheridan, TX 77475
Crafts, a costume contest and “Trick-or-Treating” around the campgrounds. Pumpkin Patch, pancake breakfast with Ray and fun for the whole family. Splashway also offers a wide array of amenities all year long from kayaks, fishing, basketball, volleyball and so much more.
8. Been Booed! - Leave a poem and treat on your neighbor's doorstep!