My kids have great opportunities in Houston... but am I raising them to be kind? And if that is my goal, how do I know that my lessons are effective?
My worry is, by the time I know for sure, my kids will be grown and it will be too late to go back and re-teach. And the other concern is, my best lessons come from doing, but most volunteer opportunities in Houston are for older kids and adults.
So, with those being my fears, let me tell you something very cool that Houston mom, Elizabeth, is doing with Outside the Box.
It's simple and impactful, and comes to your doorstep each month.
- Book: "Strictly No Elephants" about a boy and his pet elephant who experience some unkiendness.
- Wearable: A "Humble + Kind" Shirt.
- Crafts: A Shoelace Craft, with enough to make one and share one. Also, Cookie Mix and a Cookie Cutter, with enough to share.
- Something Special: A Rose Gold Warrior Arrow Ring for mom!
- Focus on a Non-Profit: A simple and meaningful way to give back to Soles4Souls!
- Community Card: Suggestion on way to move Outside The Box and continue the conversation about the monthly theme!