Roadtrip Along I10: Things to do in Louisiana, with kids!
We were planning a long drive through Louisiana… but did not know what stops to make a long the way. That’s when Louisiana native, Ashley Ann, spoke up with these highlights for roadtripping families!
Check out these stops, from west to east, across Louisiana… and scroll to the bottom for a map. (And these are some some of the favorites… tell us what else you like to do along I10!)
Also, if you have memberships to Houston Museums or the Zoo, be sure to ask about reciprocity programs. You could get free or discounted admission to the zoos and museums in Louisiana (and all over the world).
Sulphur / Lake Charles:
- Brimstone Museum
- Sulphur Parks and Recreation (SPAR) Waterpark
- Creole Nature Trail
- Children’s Museum of Lake Charles
- Millennium Park
- For even more to do, go HERE!!
- Best Stop (for cracklins)
- T-Coons Restaurant
- University of Louisiana Lafayette Campus
- Annual Event: The last full week of April is Festival International de Louisiane… a free music festival with amazing food, music and people.
Baton Rouge Area:
- LSU Campus
- Baton Rouge Zoo
- USS Kidd
- Plantation Homes (Lots of them!)
- Louisiana State Capital
- Old State Capital Building
Avery Island (Where they make Tabasco!)
- French Quarter
- House of Blues
- Horse Drawn Carriage Tours
- Take the Trolley up Canal Street (See the historic homes)
- Shopping in the French Quarter
- Annual Events: Jazz Fest and Voodoo Fest