We asked the BigKidSmallCity community and this is what we found out:
- The most common amount is 50¢ to $1.00 per tooth.
- Giving $5 per tooth was pretty common.
- The highest report amount was $47 for one tooth.
- Some cool ideas from Houston parents:
- Molars, teeth that are pulled or the last lost tooth get a little more money.
- Leaving $2 bills, dollar coins or 50 cent pieces.
- Leaving a note of congratulations.
- Leaving glitter on the pillow.
- Spraying a dollar bill with Halloween glitter hairspray.
- Folding an origami dollar.
- Multicultural families have the Tooth Fairy plus the Italian little mouse, Colombian Ratón Perez and they all leave a coin from their country.
So, what does the Tooth Fairy leave at your house?