A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story of Christmas at Alley Theatre!
It is a family-friendly re-telling of Charles Dickens’ classic story, which follows Ebenezer Scrooge’s journey with the three ghostly spirits who visit him on Christmas Eve. A Christmas Carol instills a powerful message about redemption and the spirit of the holiday season.
You can see the show on November 16 through December 30, 2018 and it is suitable for general audiences (Age 6+). The run time is 2 hours with a 15 minute intermission.
1. All parking is paid in the Theater District (except on Sunday or after 6pm, when street parking is free). I prefer paid metered parking on the street… but had to give up and pay $10 to park in the lot next to Alley Theatre.
2. If you arrive early or stay late, you can take your pictures next to all the Christmas trees in the lobby.
3. The show is very well done and there is not a bad seat in the house. The seats wrap around three sides of the stage. We were on the side and had no problems seeing the show. We were also towards the top… which was good because of the spooky skeletons.
4. The ghosts are a little spooky, but my kids did fine. There are some dancing skeletons… and of course, three ghosts of Christmas. The show was mostly funny and entertaining, but we all jumped when there were load sounds.
5. You can wear jeans or a cocktail dress… and there was some of everything. I dressed up (something I rarely do) and then managed to rip out the entire back zipper of my jumpsuit as soon as we got to the theater… so I was the one with my son’s jacket wrapped around my waist. Next time I’ll be in jeans and my Willie Nelson Christmas shirt!
Wardrobe issue and all, it was a great afternoon at the theater!