Go to museums & zoos, for free, where ever you go… Houston Museum Reciprocal Programs
Now that I’ve saved a hundred dollars in San Antonio, my first question at any ticket counter, anywhere in the country, will be… “Do you have reciprocal benefits with any Houston museums or zoo?”!
Since many Houston families have memberships to the museums or zoo, here is a guide to what you can get. And as a disclaimer, this list changes so check before you go!
- If you have a membership to the Children’s Museum of Houston (Family Plus or Above), you can visit these ASTC Museums for free! This includes The DoSeum (San Antonio Children’s Museum), Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas, The Thinkery, the New Austin Children’s Museum and museums all over Texas, the United States… and the world. Get all the details HERE.
- If you have a membership to the Houston Health Museum, you have the same ASTC benefits as the Children’s Museum membership. (You cannot visit the Children’s Museum of Houston with the Health Museum membership because venues must be 90 miles apart to get the benefit… otherwise one Houston membership would get you in all over Houston.)
- If you have a membership to the Museum of Fine Arts Houston (Patron Level or Above), you can visit these Museums for free. If your membership is Supporter or Above, you can also receive discounts. Go HERE for details.
- If you have a membership to the Houston Maritime Museum (at Family Level or Above), you can visit these CAMM or NARM Museums for free. This includes the Texas Seaport Museum, Art Museum of South in Corpus Christi, San Antonio Museum of Art and many more Texas and United States Museums. Go HERE for details.
- If you have a membership to the Asia Society, you get free admission to the Asia Societies across the world.
- If you have a membership to the Houston Zoo, you get discounted admission to these AZA zoos and aquariums.
- If you have a membership to the Houston Museum of Natural Science, unfortunately there are no reciprocal benefits.
Other museums in Houston also seem to have Reciprocal Membership Privileges… so always ask. If you know of any other good deals for Houston museum and zoo members, let us know!