Read and get rewarded! At several spots around town, you can earn prizes, just for picking up a book!
Below is a preview of what to expect around Houston this summer… and we’ll update the details as they are posted. If you know of more reading programs, let us know!
From June 1, 2018 through August 1, 2018, you register, read, record your hours, earn rewards… and it’s all FREE.
1. Visit houstonlibrary.org/summer
2. Click the registration button and follow the prompts.
3. Log in anytime to track your reading goals and activity participation.
4. Unlock badges by logging 20 minutes a day and attending library programs!
5. Visit your local Houston Public Library location, after June 1, to pick up your prizes.
AND this year there will also be drawings:
1. Kids (ages 5-12) that log at least 1 day will be entered into a weekly drawing for a Kids Edition Amazon Kindle Fire. 1 winner per week.
2. Teens (ages 13-18) that log 30 days will be entered into a drawing for a pair of Skullcandy wireless headphones. 1 winner per location. Drawing will take place August 2, 2018.
We looking HERE for the summer program updates.
Earn free tickets, just for reading books! Look HERE for 2018 details!
4. Barnes and Noble:
Earn a FREE book, simply by following these three easy steps:
1. Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal.
2. Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 15th and September 3rd, 2018.
3. Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
5. Half Price Books:
Earn Bookworm Bucks for reading!
1. Download and use this reading log in June and July.
2. Once you’ve reached 300 minutes or more, bring thereading log into your local store to claim your Bookworm Bucks on or before August 30, 2018.