Field Trip: Study Nature, Geocache, Fish & Hike at Galveston Island State Park!
School is a little different this year… so each week we’re posting an idea for a Houston-area (socially distanced, parent led) field trip. In each post, we have some resources to read before your trip, details on each stop and parking/driving instructions.
In this trip, study nature, geocache, bird watch, fish, hike or bike at Galveston Island State Park!
- Gulf Coast Science – Sensational Seaweed Unit Study
- Gulf Coast Science – Essential Estuaries Unit Study
- Junior Ranger Activity Journal
- Guide to Galveston Island State Park
- History of Galveston Island
- Birds of Galveston Island
- Galveston Island State Park Map
- Galveston Island Fishing Guide
Galveston Island State Park – 4901 FM 3005, Galveston, TX 77554
Hike or bike four miles of trails through the park’s varied habitats. Stop at the observation platform and explore boardwalks, dunes and marshes. Also, at the state park, you can fish from shore (without a fishing license).
Daily admission is $5 for adults and free for kids. (Right now, you can only pay with card and not with cash.)
Drive and Park:
Galveston Island State Park is right on Termini-San Luis Pass Road (which is Seawall Boulevard by the hotels/restaurants. There is free parking once you are inside the state park (and have paid admission).