Top Things To Do This Week & Weekend, In Houston, With Kids – June 29-July 5, 2020
Happy 4th of July! Make plans for another great week in Houston, with kids! Here are the top things to do for Monday through Sunday, June 29 – July 5, 2020!
Know that this post is done in advance… and things are changing quickly again. I may not get it updated immediately! If the guidance changes due to the virus, then follow the guidance (and please don’t send my angry comments… but helpful comments are encouraged!).
- On Wednesday, the Houston Zoo is Bringing the Zoo to You. Meet the animals from home.
- On Friday, do some Virtual Volunteering with Generation Serve Houston on their Facebook page.
- On the 4th of July, watch the Friendswood 4th of July Parades.
- On the 4th of July, watch fireworks at these events: Magnolia Fireworks Display, Katy Fireworks Show or Tomball Fireworks Display. (Just double check that the events are still on… and that you can social distance.)
- On the 4th of July, watch the Sugar Land Red, White and Boom online.
- On the 4th of July, enjoy live music and fireworks with Freedom Over Texas… which will be on ABC 13 this year.
- Anytime, search for murals around Houston.
- Any day, find a social distanced things to do around Houston.
- Anytime, register for the Houston Public Library’s Summer Reading Program.
- Any day, head to the beach! (Update: Galveston beaches will now be closed for the holiday weekend.)