Top Things To Do This Week & Weekend, In Houston, With Kids – December 9-15, 2019
Make plans for another great week in Houston, with kids! Here are the top things to do for Monday through Sunday, December 9-15, 2019!
- On Monday, go to Sensory Day at Children’s Museum of Houston. This is an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum.
- All week, go skating, outdoors, on the ICE at Discovery Green. On Monday, be a Cheap Skate.
- All week, enjoy the lights and live entertainment at Magical Winter Lights at Gulf Greyhound Park!
- All week, go to Trains Over Texas at Houston Museum of Natural Science. This exhibit is free with general admission and free for members. And general admission is free on Thursday afternoons.
- All week, take the family to the Christmas Trains at Second Baptist. Miniature trains will wind their way through enchanting town centers and villages at several Second locations.
- Starting Tuesday, go see Elf, The Musical at Hobby Center.
- Starting Wednesday, watch The Nutcracker at Wortham Theater.
- Starting Thursday, go to Christmas Village at Bayou Bend.
- On Thursday, go to Screen on the Green: It’s a Wonderful Life at
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, go see A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story of Christmas at Alley Theatre.
- On Friday or Saturday, take a Christmas Cruise down Buffalo Bayou.
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday, go to the Tomball German Christmas Market & Festival at the Tomball Train Depot.
- Friday, Saturday or Sunday, go to the Trail of Lights at
- On Saturday, go to The Grand Galveston for the The Nutcracker Tea and Nutcracker.
- On Saturday, take the family to The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at Main Street Theater. (10:30am is Audio Descriptive Performance)
- On Saturday, take the family to the Stearman Santa Fly-In at Lone Star Flight Museum! Watch Santa taxi to the museum. Take photos with Santa, take candy airplanes, ornaments and coloring pages.
- On Saturday or Sunday, go to Amahl & the Night Visitors at Opera in the Heights.