Top 19 Things To Do This Week & Weekend, In Houston, With Kids – December 2-8, 2019
Make plans for another great week in Houston, with kids! Here are the top things to do for Monday through Sunday, December 2-8, 2019!
For all the holiday lights, shows and festivals, go HERE!
- All week, go skating, outdoors, on the ICE at Discovery Green. On Monday, be a Cheap Skate!
- All week, go see Galaxy Lights at Space Center Houston. This is said to be the most interactive and technologically advanced light display in Texas!
- All week, enjoy the lights and live entertainment at Magical Winter Lights at Gulf Greyhound Park!
- All week, go see the Sugar Land Holiday Lights at Constellation Field.
- All week, go to Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo.
- All week, go to Trains Over Texas at Houston Museum of Natural Science. This exhibit is free with general admission and free for members!
- On Wednesday, attend Be LOVE Parents & Kids Creative Movement & Dance Party at Studio NiaMoves.
- On Wednesday, go play Children’s BINGO at Levy Park.
- On Thursday, PLAY 60 at Evelyn’s Park.
- On Thursday, watch Miracle on 34th Street, on the lawn, at Discovery Green.
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, go see A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story of Christmas at Alley Theatre.
- On Friday or Saturday, take a Christmas Cruise down Buffalo Bayou.
- On Saturday, take the family to The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at Main Street Theater. (The 1:30pm show is ASL Performance.)
- On Saturday, take the family to the Gingerbread Build Off at Hermann Square by City Hall. Play in the kids’ construction zone, see Santa and watch the teams create their masterpieces!
- On Saturday, reserve your spot at the Teddy Bear Check Up at The Health Museum. Bring your stuffed animal through a physical check-up while engaging with educators and medical students at Teddy Bear Stations highlighting healthy habits.
- On Saturday, take the family to the Christmas Trains at Second Baptist. Miniature trains will wind their way through enchanting town centers and villages at several Second locations.
- On Saturday, if you have child interested in aerial and circus arts, go to i·den·ti·fi·ca·tion at Spring Street Studios. There is a family festival before the show!
- On Saturday or Sunday, go to Amahl & the Night Visitors at Opera in the Heights.
- On Saturday or Sunday, enjoy a Real Snow Day at the Children’s Museum of Houston.