Top 14 Things To Do This Week & Weekend, In Houston, With Kids – January 20-26, 2020
Make plans for another great week in Houston, with kids! Here are the top things to do for Monday through Sunday, January 20-26, 2020!
- On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, celebrate at the Children’s Museum of Houston! There will be activities all day!
- On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, go to the “Original” MLK, Jr. Parade in Downtown Houston or MLK Grand Parade in Midtown Houston.
- All week, go skating, outdoors, on the ICE at Discovery Green. On Saturday, Skate with Wonder Woman!
- On Wednesday, play Children’s BINGO at Levy Park.
- On Thursday, enjoy Free Museum Entry in the Museum District.
- On Thursday, enjoy Screen on the Green: Pokémon Detective Pikachu at Discovery Green. You can watch the movie from the lawn or from the ice rink!
- On Saturday, celebrate the Lunar New Year with the Lunar New Year Festival, at the Chinese Community Center.
- On Saturday, celebrate the Lunar New Year with the Texas Lunar Festival, in front of Southern News Group Building.
- On Saturday, head to the Downtown Aquarium, with coupon, for buy one get one admission. You can go through the aquarium and ride all the rides!
- On Saturday, go to the Houston Maritime Museum for the Family Day: Anniversary Celebration. This includes free admission and activities at the museum, free bus tours of East End by Mr. McKinney’s Historic Houston and free walking tours of East End by Houston Guide Andrew Groocock.
- On Saturday, go the Dynamo FanFest at BBVA Stadium. Watch the players practice (and meet them afterwards), let the kids try their skills with games all throughout the concourse and get your photos taken with Diesel.
- On Sunday, take the family to the free Children’s Texas Art Festival at Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens. Families can make art, participate in an archaeology project and play interactive games.
- On Sunday, Meet the Animals: Warm Blooded: Mammals & Birds at the Nature Discovery Center!
- On Sunday, take the older kids to The Diary of Anne Frank at Main Street Theater at MATCH.