I recently posted to Facebook that someone had their phone and keys stolen… just down the sidewalk from me. I have a few safety items I carry with me, but I just ordered a personal alarm.
Why an alarm? Well, I have a very weak voice aaaaaand I have this dream where something happens and no one can hear me. And, more important to you, bringing attention to yourself is something I read about over and over in personal safety articles.
(affiliate links included)
Check out this video to hear how loud the Vigilant alarm is.
- The big thing in the middle is not the button… that is for the sound.
- The button is small and has only set off the alarm when I’ve pushed it.
- The alarm is on my key chain and has not gone off when I shove it in my purse or pocket.
- The button on the back turns off the alarm.
- When I turned on the alarm, you could hear it from at least 2 yards away… but it did sound like a car alarm. I am not sure it would work well in a parking lot where car alarms go off all the time.
- When I turned on the alarm in the middle of a park, where you do not expect to hear a car alarm, it got attention.
- The whistle is ear piercing. I think this might be best for a parking garage.
- If you want to check out the specs, you can find the Vigilant Alarm HERE.
If you have tips for staying safe (especially while watching kids!), I would love to hear them!