All about Candytopia Houston!
Candytopia has made it’s way to Houston and is open through September 2019!
This four-month interactive art installation celebrates the vibrant colors and flavors of our favorite sugary delights across over a dozen environments, from flying unicorn pigs to a marshmallow tsunami.
We were invited out to Candytopia last week and this is what I will say about this sugary pop up:
- It’s more than just Instagram backdrops. There are a lot of awesome backdrops…but there’s more to it.
- Each room has sculptures and art, made from candy, that you can touch.
- Each room also has candy you can eat.
- If you download the app, you can take special green screen photos and photos from the ceiling… like the one at the top! (Just scan your code at each station.)
- There are a lot more rooms than I expected. It probably took an hour to tour.
- We did the preview… but during regular hours, you pick a time slot, so hopefully it won’t get too crowded.
- There are some places to play… like big swings, hula hoops and giant beach balls.
- The confetti room and giant marshmallow pits were some of our favorites.
- There are a lot of loud noises, so it might be overwhelming for some people!
- My kids loved Candytopia (and have asked to go back again) but it is really expensive. I wish kids were cheaper (because I have 4 of them).
Look at the pictures below and decide if Candytopia is right for you!