Houston Rodeo Parade, February 23, 2019, Route Information & Tips for Viewing and Parking
The route is:
- Starts at Bagby and Walker (By City Hall)
- Walker Street to Travis Street, Right on Travis
- Travis to Bell Street, Right on Bell
- Bell to Louisiana Street, Right on Louisiana
- Louisiana to Lamar Street, Left on Lamar
- Ends at Lamar and Bagby (By the Central Library)
Find the map HERE or below:
If you plan to go Downtown, here are some tips:
- Arrive early! Traffic and parking will be tough just before the parade start time.
- Take METRORail to avoid the traffic. The parade is near the Main Street Square Station on the Red Line.
- If you drive, I would come in to downtown from the I59/Discovery Green side of Downtown. Park when you see a spot and walk over. (So you have a guide, Discovery Green is approximately 5 blocks from the train tracks on Main Street and 10 blocks from City Hall.)
- According to Rodeo Houston, the best places to view the parade are on Louisiana, from Bell to Lamar, Lamar, and from Louisiana to Smith. Bagby and Walker streets, from Sabine Street to Bagby, will be off limits for viewing.
- According to Rodeo Houston, these are the recommended parking spots: Alley Theater Garage, Lyric Center, 1100 Smith Garage, Theater District Parking, Street Parking, Texas and Smith, Smith and Preston, Smith and Dallas, Smith and Clay, Walker and Main. (But I would still park closer to Discovery Green and walk over… just to avoid the mess!)