Top 11 Things to Do this Week & MLK Weekend, in Houston, with Kids – January 14-21, 2019
Make plans for another great week in Houston, with kids! Here are the top things to do for Monday through MONDAY, January 14-21, 2019!
You can also find the full list of events HERE!
2. On Wednesday, go to Children’s BINGO at Levy Park.
3. On Thursday, enjoy free admission in the Museum District!
4. On Thursday, go to the Family Storytime at Levy Park.
5. On Friday, go to the Family Campfire Night at Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary.
7. On Saturday, be a Fire Finder at the Houston Fire Museum.
8. On Sunday, go to the MATCH Family Day. This free event is an entire city block filled with performances and activities. Performances will include Schoolhouse Rock from Main Street Theater, concerts from Prelude Music, and performances of Alice presented by Open Dance Project. There will also be an appearance by Party Princess Productions, bounce houses, face painters, balloon artists, stilt walkers, chalk artists and more.
9. On Sunday, enjoy the Lunar Eclipse at the George Observatory. The telescopes will also be open until midnight.
10. On Monday, celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. at the Children’s Museum of Houston! Sing African American spirituals, listen to uplifting, winning words by Gardere’s oratory speech winner, march down Kid’s Hall in celebration of civil rights during our peace rally and listen to “I Have a Dream,” the speech that changed the course of history.
11. On Monday, go the MLK Grande Parade in Midtown.