Things to do in Port Aransas, with kids!
Here are our favorite things to do… with a map at the bottom. I also added the reader recommendations for our next trip.
Tell us what to add!
1. Port Aransas Ferry – To get to the island, we took the ferry. It is a super short ride (just a couple minutes), but we did see a couple dolphins in the water!
On the way to the island, the wait was 45 minutes (on a Sunday). On the way home, it was 20 minutes. You can see current wait times HERE.
No permit was required at this county beach… and there were tons of shells and lots of space to play. These beaches were also prettier than most by Houston… lighter sand and bluer water!
4. Golf Carts – I kept on looking for a downtown pedestrian area… but never found one. That’s when I figured out why everyone had rented golf carts. They rented houses and hotels and then took their golf carts anywhere they wanted to go.
We did not rent one, but we might have been the only ones.
6. What Else to Try – Here’s what others have recommended for our next trip!
- Winston’s Island Candy
- Seafood and Spaghetti Works
- Dolphin Tours
- Pirate Ship Tours
- Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center
- Port Aransas Museum
- Mustang Island Horseback Riding
- San Jose Island (Ferry ride from Port Aransas)