Where do preschoolers rule? Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green! March 25 – May 27, 2014
If your little kids want to rule the park, this is what you need to know:
1. From March 25 through May 27, 2014, be at Discovery Green at 10:30am. The themes, character visits and activities change each week!
- March 25 – Curious George Saves His Pennies – Meet Curious George and make your own coin bank!
- April 1 – Mr. Potato head’s Missing Sock – Meet Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head and also wear your craziest socks. There will be a sock contest!
- April 8 – Egg Hunt – There will be 20,000 eggs for kids to find! Parking is going to be a problem, so arrive early. You can get your picture taken with Peter Cotton Tail from 9:00-10:15am and after 10:45am.
- April 15 – Great Big Monster Truck – There will be a real monster truck! Kids 30″ and taller can ride down the center of the park!!
- April 22 – Thank You, Pooh – Meet Pooh and Tigger!
- April 29 – Playground Heros – Meet Milli and Geo and help decorate the sidewalk with chalk and stencils!
- May 6 – Jake Saves Bucky – Meet Jake and Izzy and try out the pirate obstacle course!
- May 13 – Fast Train, Slow Train – Meet Thomas and ride on the trackless train!
- May 20 – What Does the Fox Say? – Wear animal masks and sing and dance with fox!
- May 27 – Once Upon a Princess (and Knight) – Be a princess or a knight!
2. Want to skip the line and be first to meet the characters? All you need to do is volunteer for the event! You can bring your kids and help Discovery Green with the event. This gets you a fast pass to meet the characters.
On average, four volunteers will be selected for each event and Discovery Green will coordinate the activities. If you are interested this, email me at Jill @ BigKidSmallCity .com!
3. Want to be a VIP? Each week, one person will win a Discovery Green Tshirt and a VIP Meet-and-Greet pass! No waiting in line! You must enter to win the VIP prize for each Toddler Tuesday. Just click the links below!
- March 25 – Curious George Saves His Pennies
- April 1 – Mr. Potato head’s Missing Sock
- April 8 – Egg Hunt
- April 15 – Great Big Monster Truck
- April 22 – Thank You, Pooh
- April 29 – Playground Heros
- May 6 – Jake Saves Bucky
- May 13 – Fast Train, Slow Train
- May 20 – What Does the Fox Say?
- May 27 – Once Upon a Princess (and Knight)
4. Look for the BigKidSmallCity Booth! On select Tuesdays, I will be out snapping pictures and hosting giveaways. Julie of Nhem Photo will be taking professional pictures and Stormy will be facepainting!